Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pimp My Ride

I often wonder if CH has convinced himself that he is on a daily episode of Pimp My Ride (bicycle style) as he strives to have the lightest, fastest bike known to man. The constant grooming, upcycling, and purchasing that is involved in keeping his bike up to scratch is phenomenal.

In more recent days, however, he has managed to peel his eyes away from his other love and set his sights elsewhere. I have been dragged into one of the delusional episodes of 'Pimp My Ride with the Notorious CH'.

I should have noticed the subtle clues that have been gradually appearing over the past few weeks...........new handlebars strategically placed in the vicinity of Old Red's resting place, random discussion about Old Red, suggestion of a few 'improvements', and then he hits me with it.........his grand plan to 'Pimp My Ride'.

While I am greatful for any attention that wavers in the direction of my bikes, I have become quite attached to Old Red just the way he is, and I did hold slight concerns that CH's idea of Pimpin and my idea of Pimpin may just not be the same. My fears were confirmed when he arrives home from work this week, and I knew he had a new purchase to show off, because he runs from the car to the back door on the days he has a new toy, and on the days he doesn't have a new toy.........well I am yet to find out what happens on those days! Anyhow....he appears in the doorway with a huge grin on his face and produces the most contrasting combination of bicycle accesories I have ever seen............a wicker front bicycle basket and a bike seat emblazoned with flames. 'Surprise!'





It was like country meets goth, Peggy Sue meets Hells Angels. It's Shania Twain out the front and Metallica out the back.

Unsure as to what kind of a concept CH was trying to achieve, I asked what he thought when he looked at my bike, now that it was 'pimpin', to which he replied........"It's RAD! I've still got more to put on though. It's gonna be pimpin.' And then, accompanied by an evil laugh, he says, 'Wait till you see the flame tires I have for you and the skull grips!'

With such convincing enthusiasm, I wondered for a brief moment if perhaps I had it all wrong? Maybe it does look okay? I guess there is nothing left to do but to rely on the response from the general public now, as I wheel around on the new and questionably improved Old Red.........or I could find someone else who can remove bike seats.

2 comments:

  1. I love the wicker basket- very cool! By the way- your blog has been featured over on blogthis.blogspot.com

    Thought you'd like to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops!! Wrong website!

    You are featured here:

    http://www.blogthis.com.au/

    Court
    x

    ReplyDelete