Saturday, September 25, 2010

Local Newspaper Famous

CH has escaped the mundaneness of everyday existence and fled south for the 'Tour of the Murray River' for the past week. Our daily phone contact, which is squeezed in between stages, bicycle maintenance, eating and sleeping (not much time left over once you fit all of this into a day) allows me to hear CH whinge about how sore he is and how exhausted he is, but underneath it all he is truly happy.

Today the phone call was to share exciting news, with CH ringing to tell me his photo had made it into the local paper. I assumed it was for cycling and asked what stage it was from? CH responds, with enthusiasm .........'No, it wasn't for cycling. It was a photo of me smashing down a Vanilla Slice at the Great Australian Vanilla Slice competition!!!!'
Of course, if he doesn't get in the paper for cycling, eating is his next favourite hobby

This clever little town of Ouyen has organised the event to coincide with a flood of cyclists hitting town, as bakers from all across Australia battle for the title of Best Vanilla Slice in the country. I am sure CH was only too happy to oblige in doing some taste testing.

1 comment:

  1. LOL... CH is my hero. I love your posts, so does my wife.

    ReplyDelete