Thursday, March 31, 2011

When CH first approached me about the possibility of moving overseas he did so with his tail between his legs.
Moving overseas has been something I have been passionate about doing for a long time. I had tried to feed this idea to CH over the years in some subtle (daydreaming out loud about my favourite international destinations) and some not so subtle ways (Opening a savings account called ‘Moving Overseas’ – there weren’t many pennies that found their way into this account!) No matter how I tried to persuade CH to move overseas, he would always respond with some dismal excuse about it not being the right time, we can’t afford it etc etc.
So I can’t imagine what went through his mind when the team he was riding for offered him the opportunity to ride overseas, which in turn meant a move overseas. After years of rejecting the idea, he now had to come and sell it to me, but in the context of cycling!

As he broached the subject a wicked grin flashed across my face, as I saw the potential in this situation – Do I make him suffer? How much should I make him beg? Luckily for him, I was feeling generous that day (and very excited about the prospect of exploring a new country) that I let it slide………………for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment